Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's Been Too Long!

Well it has been a while since I have posted here, and so here is hoping that I don't bore you to death. I want to update you on what has been going on in my life. I got tired of being tired and so on March 14, 2010 I started a low carb diet and the beginning of a life style change for me. Thanks to my very good friend, Darla. We are doing this together on step ( jog ) at a time. While we knew we needed to incorporate exercise into our plan, we chose different things to do. I started (at 52 almost 53 ) jogging thanks to an app on my iphone of all things! I now jog, 3 to 4 times a week for 4 miles. And because of another girlfriend, Melanie, we began doing Yoga three times a week. She chose walking but we have both been faithful to exercise and it has paid off! Well that was just a start. Now, Tom and I are both getting into this fitness kick, we run together a few times a week on our little date nights, or go to the beach and run. We have also been kayaking some! I have gone from a sixe 16 to a size 10 and have lost almost 40 pounds. I would encourage any of you to just do it! Just start today, one step at a time. I am so glad I did. I feel better than I have in many many years and the best thing is my cholesterol is great and all my blood work was fantastic! I just started running last week with another friend who was a marathon runner but hasn't run in a while so I am excited to learn some from her. So, grab a friend, pal or spouse and go for it! I was going to run my first 5K last friday and was all pumped up, only to have it canceled. So, I am looking for another one to sign up for. So be watching... I will be out there running somewhere! :)T

No comments:

Post a Comment