Friday, August 22, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.......

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. On with the "Virtuous Woman" we have been looking at in Proverbs chapter 31. Some of us have a hard time looking down the road. I tend to be one of those. Far too many times, I have faced a situation, only to look at the "moment" and not the "years to come". Looking only at the temporal and not the eternal. This woman looked down the road and plan accordingly. Tom ( my hubby ) and I are beginning to plan for our future and where we want to "end up" in our journey thru life. Now, we know our final resting place (lol) but what are we gonna do with our life, what's in our future. This woman had already thought of what her family needs would be once winter came and she made the necessary preparations to see to it that her family would have what was necessary. We as mothers, need to do the same for our families. What areas of your life, your priorities, need to change in order to make sure we look into the future and plan accordingly? I know for me, I need to think things thru more carefully, look at what the "ripple effect" would be depending on my actions. I want to make sure when the snow falls, that my family will be safe, warm and dry. Finding all they need, staying high and dry at home! Let's begin by looking a little further down the road when we are making decisions that affect our family. As I type this, we are getting ready to take our daughter back to college today! Now talk about having to look down the road to make sure she will be able to face "the weather" that lies ahead of her, and have confdence that we have planned ahead for what comes her way. Well it shouldn't be too hard, I think she is taking everything she owns! LOL Have a great weekend and I will be back with you guys soon! His, Teri

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. Made me do some thinking of my own. Love the song on your blog, btw. :) Usually, I turn off the music, but not this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Teri

    I got my Aug Starbucks upload to the gallery. I really enjoy this Challege and can't wait to see nexts month.

    Thank you for the template and sharing you wonderful talents with us.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to let you know that I used your Grad Photo Template in a layout on my blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like another poster said, this really made me think, as I have a situation coming up with my own daughter, and she's 35! I've been praying about that very thing, to help me see down the road. Thank you for your thoughts and scripture. It was much appreciated today.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete