Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Still Going.....


In my look at the Proverbs 31 woman, we are on verse 13. " She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. " OK, this one is going to be an easier pill to swallow. We don't have sheep and we dont grow flax, but we do grow cotton. These next few verses are going to look at our behavior. This in particular is talking about what we do with our hands. I wish I would have taken the time to scan a picture of my mom, while riddled with the effect of cancer taking her life, was sitting and cross stitching a baby blanket for our oldest son when he was born. I love that picture! And it is a perfect example of the verse to me. She found what she thought would be the perfect blanket for her 1st grandson and then, with eager, loving, hurting, dying hands....she cross stitched that baby blanket for him! I still have the blanket, by the way. So that's the eagerness that comes to mind when I read this verse. It superseded everything else. She wanted to make that for him, no matter what. And she did. If only I would face more of my life like she did. Setting her mind to get the best she could, and then eagerly complete the task set before her. Ya think you can find an area that you might be able to apply this to? I know I can. We were blessed today for Gods protection on our cotton crop! We were spared any heavy devastating rain and wind. It came within a mile of where our cotton is and then, starting to burn off. Thank you Lord, for your watch care. Blessings til' your basket runs over, Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment