Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oh, To Be Blessed With a Godly Husband!

We have been looking at the Proverbs 31 woman and now we get to look at her hubby! Verse 23 says " Her husband is respected at the city gate,where he takes his seat among the elders of the land." I am so blessed to have a very Godly husband. He is one of those men who, everyone he meets, automatically likes him. He has a knack with words, to say the right things at the right time...(well for the most part) He has stuck his foot in his mouth a few times! Ha Ha! After all , he is human. But he is one, who, no matter what you believe, you would respect him and he is well thought of in our community. He is a leader (elder) in our church and is one that people know they can turn to when there are things that need to get done. Now, why am I saying all this? Well, we, as Godly women, can do a lot to help our husbands be this type of man. This is a "Oh, me" lesson. I am way too often, not a helper in our ministry together...but sometimes a hindrance. I am, more than I care to admit, selfish with our time, my wants and desires. I want to be the wife that supports him in what God has called him to be and do. I may be writing this just for me, but I needed to reflect on the blessing of a Godly husband and my role as a Godly wife! Sorry, you got the lecture too! I am going to try to be more of an encourager and less of a whiner....I bet he notices... take care and have a great holiday weekend....His, Teri

1 comment:

  1. I think we all need to be reminded of this as it is all too easy to get into me moods.

    Cecile, Single, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete